Request library materials
Reserve or transfer materials
You can place a hold on up to 25 items of any material that can be checked out.
- Ask a librarian and have your library card number ready to place your hold. We will do three searches in one telephone or chat transaction.
- To do it yourself, sign in and search the library catalog for the item you want. You'll find a button to place a hold on the item.
When your hold becomes available at your requested location, we mail or email you a notice. You may also register for text notifications by telephone.
Reference materials do not circulate. They include periodicals (magazines, newspapers) and encyclopedias, almanacs, atlases, directories, handbooks, and the like.
We will send photocopies from library material via FAX, postal service or courier to library card holders in good standing. Homebound individuals can register for home delivery.
- up to 20 pages from up to three sources, other restrictions may apply
- FAX/mail: 25¢/page
- courier: 15¢ for black & white photocopies, or 25¢ per page for color or microfilm copies
- applies to Reference Department only—the McClung Collection, the Archives, and TAMIS have separate fee schedules
Out-of-county or out-of-state requests will be sent at the discretion of the librarian with the same fee structure as for local customers.
If we don't have it:
Suggest something we should add to the library collection.
If we don't have an item anywhere in the Knox County Public Library system, we may be able to get it for you from another library.