We are pleased to partner with the City of Knoxville to present Drive-In at the Midway, sponsored by Knoxville TVA Employees Credit Union. This fall, the silver screen is coming to the Midway at Chilhowee Park.
Tickets are required. To register, simply click on the movie graphic below: *Please note: Aladdin and Hocus Pocus are now full. You may be added to the wait list for these movies.
Since 2004, the Library has been showing outdoor movies on Market Square to showcase its vast collection of music and movies. This year, due to COVID-19, we're making some changes. A drive-in is the perfect way to enjoy a great fall evening with the family, and the Midway at Chilhowee Park is the perfect location with room for 100+ cars.
How to make reservations
Admission is free, but all moviegoers must register to gain entrance. To register, simply click on the movie graphic above. All movies are PG13 or less, but parents are encouraged to check the parental guides for their families. Check the FAQs below for important rules and tips.
Thank you to our sponsor:
Drive-In at the Midway is made possible by Knoxville TVA Employees Credit Union. Knoxville TVA Employees Credit Union helps more than 158,000 members grow financially. The credit union has 19 locations throughout East Tennessee, including one in downtown Knoxville.
What is Drive-In at the Midway?
A free outdoor movie series brought to you by the City of Knoxville and Knox County Public Library. All you have to do is "drive in" and join us under the stars at Chilhowee Park for a night in front of the silver screen.
Parking and entrance tips
- The entrance gate is at 3427 Martin Luther King, Jr Ave.
- Volunteers and staff will be on hand to assist you with parking your vehicles and any questions
- Cars may be placed based on your vehicle size.
- A designated space next to your car will be available for lawn chairs. Remember to bring a portable radio for sound if desired.
- IMPORTANT: Entry will not be allowed once the show begins so please arrive early
- Movie entrance will begin at 5:00pm, movie will start at 7:30pm
Return to Drive-In at the Midway website
Why does the library show movies?
The library has a great collection of DVDs. In fact, our Sights and Sounds collection is one of the best in the Southeast. And it's totally free! You can check out CDs and DVDs without any extra charges.
Tickets, admission, and rain policy
- Admission is free, but every vehicle must have an electronic ticket to get in. Tickets are available by clicking on the movie title of your choice:
- No tickets will be available at the gate.
- Each ticket will be on a per car basis and each vehicle should only have the number of passengers the vehicle is rated for (number of seat belts).
- Movie showings are “rain or shine” and any cancellations will be communicated via the ticketing system within 24 hours of the event.
Food and Restrooms
No food or beverages will be available on site, so please plan accordingly and bring your own. No alcohol or grills are allowed. Restrooms will be available onsite; face masks are required.
Return to Drive-In at the Midway.
COVID-19 and Five Core Actions:
To keep everyone safe, all moviegoers must adhere to the Five Core Actions. Every guest MUST respect social distancing safety regulations. No physical gathering or interaction of any type can occur within the designated parking lot footprint. Hand sanitizers and masks will be available on site.
Audio: Must have FM radio
Audio for the movie will be broadcast through an FM transmitter. Make sure your car or vehicle is equipped with a working FM radio. If you choose to sit outside your car, be sure to bring a portable FM radio to hear the movie. We will give you the frequency upon arrival.