If you haven't finished your personal goal (120 hours), there's still time! You can redeem prizes until December 31, 2020 for both the reading challenge and our library adventure game, Pilot's Pursuit. Pick up prizes at any library location or request via Library to Go curbside service.
Look for an exciting new adventure in 2021!
How to Participate in the 'Read Around the World' Challenge
Read (or listen) to a book, podcast, article, or even a cereal box, then log your time. For every 10 hours, you'll earn prizes and kudos. Plus, you're helping make us one of the best-read communities in America. There are several ways to participate:
CHOICE 1) Digital: Download the Beanstack Tracker App, set up an account through Knox County Library, and join the Read Around the World challenge. For every 10 hours you log, you may visit the Library to receive a prize. If apps aren't your thing, you can still keep up with your hours online at your computer. (Join the challenge now--your time counts beginning January 1.)
CHOICE 2) Paper: Pick up a Passport booklet at any Knox County Library and start logging. When you complete 10 hours of reading, bring your Passport to the Library to collect your stamp and a prize.
CHOICE 3) Minimal: Keep it simple with the Boarding Pass bookmark. If you want to help our community, but don't want to earn prizes, this is the choice for you. Pick up a Boarding Pass at the Library and estimate your time spent reading.
Let's talk prizes!
If you use the Beanstack Tracker app (Choice 1) or a Passport (Choice 2), you'll receive some awesome prizes:
- For every 10 hours logged, earn a travel sticker, a Read City stamp, and your name on our Flight Board!
- At 30 hours, take a dive into the treasure chest
- At 60 hours, you've earned your wings--an airplane keychain
- At 120 hours, you've made it! You've earned your toy airplane (kids) or tote bag (teens/adults) - Available March 15
- Frequent flyers who've logged 50 or more hours each quarter will be entered into a drawing for one of ten $50 Visa cards