Take a ride on the Marrakesh Express or a boat trip down the Nile as part of Read City USA's Read Around the World challenge for 2020. Visit the Serengeti or Victoria Falls. The world's second largest continent has 54 countries to explore. Go ahead and get started!
- Anna Hibiscus by Atinuke
- Don’t Spill the Milk! by Steven Davies (Niger)
- Egyptian Diary: The Journal of Nakht by Richard Platt (Egypt)
- The Great Rhino Rescue: Saving the Southern White Rhinos by Sandra Markle (South Africa)
- Honey, Honey – Lion! A Story from Africa by Jan Brett (Botswana)
- The Magnificent Migration: On Safari with Africa’s Last Great Herds by Sy Montgomery (Tanzania)
- The Red Pencil by Andrea Davis Pinkney (Sudan)
- Treasury of Egyptian Mythology: Classic Stories of Gods, Goddesses, Monsters & Mortals by Donna Jo Napoli (Egypt)
- A Visit to Grandad: An African ABC by Sade Fadipe (Nigeria)
- City of Saints and Thieves by Natalie C. Anderson (Kenya/Congo)
- Kingdom of Souls by Rena Barron (West Africa)
- Buried Beneath the Baobab Tree by Adaobi Nwaubani (Nigeria)
- A Long Walk to Water by Linda Sue Park (Sudan)
- Under Water by J.L. Powers (South Africa)
- When Morning Comes by Arushi Raina (South Africa)
- Black Dove, White Raven by Elizabeth Wein
- Now Is the Time for Running by Michael Williams (Zimbabwe)
- Trackers by Deon Meyer (South Africa)
- Radiance of Tomorrow by Ishmael Beah (Sierra Leone)
- Half of a Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Nigeria)
- The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver (Democratic Republic of Congo
- The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith (Botswana)
- Out of Darkness, Shining Light by Petina Gappath (Zambia)
- Circling the Sun by Paula McClain (Kenya)
- The Shadow King by Maaza Mengiste (Ethiopia)
- The Buried: An Archaeology of the Egyptian Revolution by Peter Hessler (Egypt)
- The Caliph's House: A Year in Casablanca by Tahir Shah (Morrocco)
- Into Africa: The Epic Adventures of Stanely and Livingstone by Martin Dugard
- An Elephant in My Kitchen: What the Herd Taught Me About Love, Courage, and Survival by Francoise Malby- Anthony (South Africa)
Completed the African leg of your journey?
Great job! You've read 20 hours. Visit any library to add your name to our flight board, or print your own card at home!
We'd love to see your travels on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Next stop? The British Isles!