Top of the morning to you! Meet a Beefeater or explore the Isle of Man as part of Read City USA's Read Around the World challenge for 2020. There's a lot more to life east of the Continent than you may realize—such as 6,000 islands in this ancient archipelago! Check out these book suggestions:
- Fools and Mortals by Bernard Cornwall (England)
- Major Pettigrew's Last Stand by Helen Simonson (England)
- Mudlark by Lara Maiklem - Nonfiction (England)
- Death in the Air by Kate Dawson - Nonfiction (England)
- Conan Doyle for the Defense by Margalit Fox - Nonfiction (Great Britain)
- Ireland by Frank Delaney - Fiction (Ireland)
- The Cold Cold Ground by Adrian McKinty - Mystery (Northern Ireland)
- The Forgotten Place by Charles Todd - Fiction (Wales)
- Call the Nurse: True Stories of a Country Nurse on a Scottish Isle by Mary J. MacLeod (Hebrides)
- 44 Scotland Street by Alexander McCall Smith - Fiction (Scotland)
- Raven Black by Ann Cleeves - Fiction (Shetland Islands)
- The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer - Fiction (Channel Islands)
- All Is Fair by Dee Garretson (England)
- All the Walls of Belfast by Sarah J. Carlson (Ireland)
- An Assassin’s Guide to Love and Treason by Virginia Boecker (England)
- The Dark Days Club by Alison Goodman (England)
- Duels & Deceptions by Cindy Anstey (England)
- Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell (Scotland, Isle of Skye)
- Goodbye, Perfect: A Novel by Sara Barnard (England, Kent)
- Now a Major Motion Picture by Cori McCarthy (Ireland)
- Out of the Blue by Sophie Cameron (Scotland, Edinburgh)
- Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moira Fowley-Doyle (Ireland)
- You Owe Me a Murder by Eileen Cook (England)
Completed this leg of your journey?
Splendid! Visit any library to add your name to our flight board, or print your own card at home!
We'd love to see your travels on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Next stop? Asia!