Named after Europa, a Phoenician princess, Europe's boundaries and borders may shift and realign, but the "birthplace of western civilization" has been generating stories, myths and treatises for millenia. Read along as part of Read City USA's Read Around the World challenge for 2020.
Suggested teen and adult titles coming.
- Adventures with Waffles (Norway) by Maria Parr
- Dodsworth in Paris (France) by Tim Egan
- Pippi Longstocking (Sweden) by Astrid Lindgren
- The Problem with Chickens (Iceland) by Bruce McMillan
- Running with the Horses (Austria) by Alison Lester
- Strega Nona (Italy) by Tomie DePaola
- The Thief Lord (Italy) by Cornelia Funke
- When Mischief Came to Town (Denmark) by Katrina Nannestad
- White Bird: A Wonder Story (France) by R.J. Palacio
- Who Were the Brothers Grimm? (Germany) by Avery Reed
- A Drop of Night by Stefan Bachmann (France)
- The House of One Thousand Eyes by Michelle Barker (Germany)
- The Musician’s Daughter by Susan Dunlap (Austria)
- All Is Fair by Dee Garretson (Europe)
- Wanderlost by Jen Malone (Europe)
- Tamar by Mal Peet (Netherlands)
- And We’re Off by Dana Schwartz (Europe)
- Bright Burning Stars by A.K. Small (France)
- Enchantee by Gita Trelease (France)
- White Rose by Kip Wilson (Germany)
Completed the European leg of your journey?
Congratulations! You've read 50 hours. Visit any library to add your name to our flight board, or print your own card at home!
We'd love to see your travels on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram.
Next stop? Australia!