The tale of the Taj Mahal is testament to love like no other, but it is the tip of the iceberg. An ethnically diverse area, India is home to castes, trives and religions that all have stories to tell.
Reading suggestions for teens:
- 96 Words for Love by Rachel Roy and Ava Dash (India)
- Forward Me Back to You by Mitali Perkins (India- Kolkata)
- A Moment Comes by Jennifer Bradbury (India)
- My So-Called Bollywood Life by Nisha Sharma (India)
- The Secret Sky: A Novel of Forbidden Love in Afghanistan by Atia Abawi (Afghanistan)
- Sita’s Ramayana by Samhita Arni (India)
- Under the Persimmon Tree by Suzanne Fisher Staples (Pakistan)
- Written in the Stars by Aisha Saeed (Pakistan)
Next stop? Russia, Eastern Europe and Central Asia!