The Passport Program encourages families to enhance summer reading with visits to area museums and attractions
About the program
We're excited to partner with 15 local sites to enrich our Summer Library Club. Each visit to one of the participating attractions—or to a summer library program—will count one hour towards your reading goal, up to a total of five hours. Plus, get 10 stamps on your Passport and you can enter to win a grand prize drawing at Visit Knoxville. NOTE: Admission fees may apply.
Put on your traveling shoes, pick up your passport, and explore your world! Your passport awaits you at any Library location or participating museum or attraction, starting May 19. What will you do at each place? Glad you asked:
Historical Homes - Subject to change.
- Blount Mansion -- "House with Many Eyes" Tour
- Historic Ramsey House – Then and Now Comparison
- Historic Westwood – Adelia’s Treasure Hunt
- James White Fort – Get to know Hugh Lawson White
- Mabry-Hazen House – Evelyn Hazen Cat Hunt
- Marble Springs State Historic Site – Walk in John Sevier’s footsteps at his final home place
Science and Nature - Subject to change.
- Ijams Nature Center – Storytelling and live animal programs
- Knoxville Botanical Garden & Arboretum – Little Library Quest or Three Tree I.D.
- The Muse – Make a straw rocket or build your own creation
- Zoo Knoxville – Participate in an animal encounter or other educational activity
Arts and Culture - Subject to change.
- Knoxville Museum of Art – Scavenger Hunt
- McClung Museum of Natural History and Culture – Fun @ McClung Scavenger Hunt
- Museum of East Tennessee History – Super Summer Scavenger Hunt
- Visit Knoxville - Design a custom bookmark
- Women’s Basketball Hall of Fame – Dribble, dribble, search and find
Library Programs - Subject to change.
- Bricks for Kids - Learn, build and play
- David Claunch - storyteller, bubble blower and balloon artist
- Dollywood presents Pretend - bringing a favorite book to life
- Dr. Al Hazari - experience the wonder of science
- Humane Society of the Tennessee Valley - dog tales
- KAT Storytimes - the wheels on the bus
- Michael Messing - Magician extrordinaire
- The Muse Knoxville - Steam activites and Stem Structures
- Saturday Stories and Songs - Weekend programs
- Sparky and Rhonda - Heroes and Hard Times
- Shakespeare for Kids - Workshops on the Bard
- Zoo Knoxville - Animal Tales