OverDrive (apps available) is a collection of downloadable ebooks and audiobooks, as well as streaming video. Find extensive online help on the OverDrive site.
Current magazines and their back issues can be browsed and read online or downloaded for offline reading in apps for Android™ phones and tablets, Apple® phones and tables, and Kindle Fire tablets. Titles include Consumer Reports, Newsweek, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and many others.
Stream and download thousands of movies, TV shows, music albums, and graphic novels with Hoopla. Hoopla works with most smartphones, tablets, and computers as well as Roku, Apple TV, Chromecast, and Fire TV. The library pays per use so patrons are limited to 5 checkouts each month. At the beginning of each month your limit will reset.
Watch over 23,000 films on Kanopy (apps available) including selections from Kino-Lorber, The Great Courses, PBS, and independent and world cinema. The library pays per checkout, so patrons are limited to 5 per month. This limit resets at the start of each month.
(Formerly Lynda.com) Offers thousands of courses in business, job and creative subject areas in several languages. Tutorials are segmented and indexed into tasks for just-in-time learning, and course playlists can map to specific job roles or competencies. New courses are added weekly. Many courses include downloadable practice files.
You can use your LinkedIn Learning account in the mobile app.
- Download the LinkedIn Learning app from Google Play or Apple App Store and open it
- Select "Sign In"
- Don't enter your email, but look below that box and select "Sign in with your library card"
- Where you find "Enter your Library ID" tap on the box and enter "knoxlib" (all lowercase, no quote marks)
- Use your library card number and PIN and select "Continue"
Music, spoken word, and natural and human-made sounds for streaming; jazz, classical, American song, world music, sound effects can be sent to your mobile device for 48 hours.
A collection of tens of thousands of ebooks and videos on essential and high-demand topics for business, coders, educators, makers, gamers, and those simply looking to grow personally and professionally. Books are fully searchable and always available, no "on hold" waiting.
O'Reilly for Public Libraries was purchased for the Library through the Shelton Bequest and Friends of the Library.
Animation, sound, music and narration are added to children's ebooks. (Apps available from Google Play or the Apple App Store). Read along or just let it read aloud to you. Watch National Geographic videos, also.
Other e-media to explore
Our own audio programs you can listen to online or download
- Announcement and Unintentional ASMR – First, an important podcast announcement. Then, a quiet library ambiance.
- Uninhabitable Earth: Life After Warming – Dr. Melanie Mayes shares the alarm and urgency of the bestseller by David...
- Dopesick – Dr. Mark McGrail discusses Dopesick by Beth Macy about the opioid...
- Subvert the culture of contempt – Dave Wells reveals the subversive call to Love Your Enemies, by...
- Julie Gautreau indicts profiteering prisons – For Books Sandwiched In, discussing American Prison by Shane...