Streaming books for grades 7–12, with quizzes and lesson plans. This resource is provided temporarily for support during school closures for COVID-19. Please give your feedback.
Ebooks, audiobooks, streaming music and video
See E-media for more downloadables.
Coping with difficult feelings
A collection of books for teens about coping with anxiety, depression, and trauma. Provided for the COVID-19 pandemic by Gale.
Expert tutors help you finish your homework, study for tests and write essays (read more about Tutor.com). Use a whiteboard and chat box (with optional audio), share files, even drop off a math problem or essay. You can use five sessions per week, tag and reconnect to your favorite tutors, store your assignments and documents in your virtual locker and go back to review your previous sessions when studying. Start with a video overview and a practice session. The SkillsCenter offers subject quizzes and other self-study tools (such as preparation for ASVAB, AP, ACT, and SAT exams) that are always available and do not count against your weekly limit.
Contextual information and opinions on hundreds of today's hottest social issues, with viewpoint articles, topic overviews, full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, primary source documents, statistics, images, videos, audio files and links to vetted websites. Provided by the Tennessee Electronic Library.
EBSCO is providing a trial for Learning Express Library, a highly-acclaimed e-learning service that supports students and professionals for academic skill-building, standardized test prep, career certification test prep and more. This is a single-user account for the entire library, so don't input any personal information. Sign in with the username Please give your feedback.; use the password password! (including the exclamation mark).
Search thousands of college and graduate schools, identify scholarships that meet financial needs, take online practice tests and use test prep ebooks to obtain education goals.
- Test prep: Full-length, timed practice exams that simulate the actual testing experience for GED, HiSET, AP, ISEE, COOP, SSAT, CLEP, FCAT, SAT, ACT, PSAT, TAKS, GRE, LSAT, MCAT, MAT, TOEFL, TOEIC, PAX, PSB-RN, TEAS, U.S. citizenship, and many others. Diagnostic pre-tests help students determine where they stand and how much preparation they need before taking an exam.
- College and graduate school planning: Information on more than 4,000 accredited undergraduate schools, including school location, tuition, academics, admission requirements, campus life and much more. Descriptions of 30,000 graduate and professional education programs in more than 300 academic disciplines offered by more than 1500 accredited colleges and universities, corresponding to the six-volume Peterson’s Annual Guide to Graduate Study.
- Financial aid tools: Undergraduate scholarship search, financial aid award analyzer, college savings calculator, tuition cost finder and more.
- Career development: The Resume Builder and Virtual Careers Library tools assist students in building essential career skills—like how to build a resume, cover letter and interviewing tips for users at all career stages. Using the Career Module, tests help users map interests and aptitudes to the most suitable job categories, industries, and occupations.
- International tools: Helps individuals prepare to pass the TOEFL (iBT), TOEFL (PBT), TOEIC and U.S. citizenship tests with online practice tests and ebooks.
Builds all four core skills of a language: listening, speaking, reading, and writing. 100+ languages to choose from, and English lessons for speakers of over 25 different languages. Track progress through lessons. Kid-friendly lessons in 6 languages. Mobile app available. Provided by the Tennessee Electronic Library.
A powerful reference tool designed for high school students and adults. (Optimized for tablets)
This short guide (PDF) presents the basic steps of working on a research project for school, with recommendations specific to the resources of Knox County Public Library.